17 Mar COVID-19 and Child Rescue Nepal
Following government advice, we have decided to temporarily close the Child Rescue Nepal office. However both members of staff are set up to work from home, and so as far as the charity is concerned, it will be business as usual.
- Emails will be received as normal – please continue to communicate with us!
- If you would like to contact us by telephone (020 7183 0353), please make sure you leave a message. We are unable to forward our phone calls, but we do receive recorded messages via email. So if you would like to speak to us on the telephone, please do leave a message and one of us will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Please bear with us if you are sending us information in the post (Child Rescue Nepal, 1 St Clement’s Court, St Clement’s Church, London EC4N 7HB). We will try and physically visit the office to collect our post but it will be infrequent – so there may be a delay in acknowledging letters and donations, and paying in cheques.
The situation in Nepal
- Local staff are following government guidelines to keep children and staff safe. There are no reported instances of COVID-19 from any of our partners at present, but we will continue to monitor the situation.
- Following advice from the Foreign Office, there will be no international visits to Nepal until further notice.
- If schools in Nepal are closed then some of our anti-trafficking activities will be postponed.
We still need your help
Despite the Coronavirus, the children we support in Nepal still need our help. We still have rent to pay, food to buy and salaries to fund. Charities are anticipating a dip in donations at this time and this makes us understandably nervous. If you are able to make a donation to see us through this difficult time, then you can do so online. Children in Nepal need our help more than ever – so thank you for keeping the faith with us.